As part of the JISC BCE funded ‘Supporting and Enabling CPD for Business and Community Engagement’ development project led by AURIL and JISC, we are preparing for consultation on our next stage developments for the CPD (Continuing Professional Development) Framework and Resource Tool
In 2010 a project team was formed to develop a CPD Framework and on-line Resources Tool for those working in business and employer engagement, public and community engagement, knowledge transfer, knowledge exchange, work-based learning, technology transfer and enterprise. We refer to those working in these areas as Business and Community Engagement (BCE) staff in the project.
We hope the final framework and the tool will be welcomed and used by BCE staff and managers, HR professionals and senior management in HE, FE and Research sectors.
After much fact finding and analysis of need, the Project has reached a critical stage of development; we now need to consult with you to ensure the next stage of the Framework and the design of the proposed Resource Tool is appropriate and useful.
Throughout this nationwide project we have been very careful to ensure that the views of practitioners are reflected in our work. The initial fact finding, the analysis process and the first stage development of the framework have been done using extensive consultation across the BCE landscape.
Many BCE professionals and representative stakeholders have helped throughout the life of the project. You may have helped previously, serving on our groups, giving advice, answering surveys or attending a focus group.
Your input is vital if we are to achieve our goals.
Please join us at one of the events detailed below. We wish to use your knowledge and experience to ensure the framework, the tool and resources are right.
Where, When, How do I Register?
Focus groups are taking place in the following dates and locations. Click on the link next to each date for further venue information and to book your place:
London: Monday 23 April – http://bcecpdlondon.eventbrite.co.uk
Bristol: Tuesday 1 May- http://bcecpdbristol.eventbrite.co.uk
Newcastle: Wednesday 9 May – http://bcecpdnewcastle.eventbrite.co.uk
Edinburgh: Monday 14 May – http://bcecpdedinburgh.eventbrite.co.uk
Manchester: Tuesday 22 May- http://bcecpdmanchester.eventbrite.co.uk
Birmingham: Tuesday 29 May – http://bcecpdbirmingham.eventbrite.co.uk
The links above include information about the venues.
We will be operating all the events between 11:00 and 15:00.
Lunch is provided.
What’s going to happen?
The process is as follows:
• You set aside the most convenient date/location and reserve your place using the links above
• We send you papers (a week or so before the event)
• The papers will describe the proposed CPD framework and describe the functions of the resources tool
• At the event we will provide brief details of the project so far
• There will also be a detailed description of the framework and the resources tool which have been developed so far
• We will take some initial feedback from you – and then ask you to discuss your reactions in more detail with other delegates
• We will take feedback notes. There will be a roundup including future plans and a timetable.